|Get ready for Game Masters|| |
Game Masters education programme
Step into the shoes of a game designer for a technology education programme with a difference.
Students, you are set the challenge of designing a game with a specific audience, genre, and theme in mind. Following processes used in the gaming industry, you research, design, pitch, and vote on the best game design.
|Arts Te Papa|| |
Tell Me a Picture
Every picture tells a story! Enjoy some of the tales told by paintings in the national art collection at Te Papa.
Create some stories of your own inspired by the art works you have seen.
Availability: From Term 2, 2013
Learning areas and strands:
• The Arts – Visual Arts and Drama: Understanding the Arts in Context; Developing Practical Knowledge; Developing Ideas;
Communicating and Interpreting
• English – Listening, Viewing, Speaking (oral and visual language)
Year levels: 1–8
Duration: 90 minutes
Cost per student: $6.50 (teachers and adult helpers are free)
Questions? Contact us
Andy Warhol – Famous Faces
Pop artist Andy Warhol is world famous for his brightly coloured repeat screen prints of celebrities. See his prints, film, and sculpture, and create an art work in our education studio inspired by what you’ve seen.
More information will be available in 2013.
|Exciting education opportunities in 2013|| |
• Teacher professional development in art, social sciences, and science
• Primary Science Week
• New teacher resources
• New student self-guided trails
• Video conferences
• New Unique New Zealand science programme
• Blogs from Venice Biennale
Check out all our education programmes
We have a range of curriculum-linked education programmes covering a variety of topics from earthquakes to invertebrates!
For more information, or to request a copy of our 2013
1. Sonic Generations © SEGA 2011. All rights reserved.
2. Unknown artist, Untitled [girl in a bush setting], 1882. Te Papa